The good news about styes is that most do not require medical care and tend to go away on their own within about a week. Below are some simple steps you can take to treat them:
- Apply a warm compress to closed eyes for 5 to 10 minutes, about 4 times per day
- Keep the area clean and avoid touching or rubbing your eyes
- Do NOT attempt to squeeze a stye or any other type of eyelid bump. Let it drain on its own
- Relieve burning, stinging, and itching symptoms with Stye™ Sterile Lubricant Eye Ointment
- Antibiotic creams may help recurrent or persistent styes
- Some large styes may need to be lanced to drain the infection – please consult your physician
If your stye doesn't heal within a week or your symptoms worsen after several days of home treatment, call your healthcare provider.
I particularly experience dryness along the lash line of my eyelids and Stye™ is a quick fix for the dry skin and flaking and I know it is safe for my eyes.